How to turn on hidden dark mode in YouTube
YouTube has a hidden dark mode which makes the website more comfortable while you are watching videos in dark. This dark mode is available only in the Google Chrome. To enable this function, you have to only paste a line of code and refresh the Chrome. Here is how to do it,
- Check your Google Chrome version, it should be version 57 or later.
- Open Google Chrome and navigate to YouTube.
- Login you account.
- Open Chrome’s Developer Tools panel using Command-Option-I on Mac or Ctrl-Shift-I on Windows. You can also F12 key to open this on Windows.
- Click on Console then copy paste the following Copy and paste this code: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE” and press Enter.
- Close the developer tools and refresh YouTube.
- Click on your profile on top right corner and there will be list of options. Scroll down to dark mode and toggle switch to Activate Dark Mode.
Unfortunately, you need to reactive every time you restart Chrome. Google will make it official soon and then it will be fixed.